Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quont Question of the Week – 5; IC ans

Quont Question – 5 Arleas's Answer

The sound I love best is my Mother's voice. I can already see the snickers. She did say that this Shadow Guards life would be difficult, but at the time, I, being recently dead, was sort of out of sorts. Besides that, an invincible feeling filled me, due to the fact that Terees had just promised me immortality. I say this not to say that I regret my choice, but to explain why her voice comforts me so. A short time later, she also gifted me with Divine Shared Knowledge, that is the ability to know her thoughts. Thoughts are one thing and I mostly enjoy sharing the endless wealth of knowledge, but there's something even more personal about hearing her softly intense voice.

Ember's voice also comforts me, for when she raises it, I know a battle will soon turn tide. Ryna vaguely reminds me of my own sister, Kelsa. Ryna possesses the skills of one trained to speak in any arena, including courts and taverns. Her voice, therefore, is a tool and weapon almost as sharp as it is subtle and deadly. Thank the Mothers she and Ember are on our side!

2 comments:

Sorcia said...

Nice answer Arleas! Voices can have a tremendous affect on us; they can be both frightening and soothing.

... Like my beautiful master Quont whispering tenderly, passionately in my ear... Help us Arleas! Help us restore him to his former glory as the kind and gentle Fertility God ensuring the continual cycles of life on Mernac!

ND/Botr said...

Voices even the memory of them can be a trigger to a variety of emotions. The same could be said about smells, they are a part of the mernacian condition. I agree my dear sister, we are glad the ladies are on our side.