Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Why Keep Coming Back to Mernac

Quont, Mernac's God of Lust: Question of the Week – 8

My Answer: Oh a thousand answers could be had here. Friendships is definitely a large part of it. I think the control freak in me likes the idea of shaping a world. I had never been much interested in fantasy, aside from the occasional Harry Potter book. I heard this strange little site ran free writing contests so I figured it must be some sort of scam:-) Well, I soon discovered it wasn't a scam, but it sure sucked me in pretty good.

The opportunities to receive meaningful feedback on work and continually improve my writing, that brings me back. First the forums hooked me with the responsibility of being a Beta Tester... ooohh, title. Then, Shadow Dragon took me on as a Disciple and I joined the Shadow Guard... ooohhh, better title. Then, all of a sudden I became Terees, Mother of Wisdom and Harmony... oooohhh, bigger title still. What's not to love? As Traesha would say, whoo hoo:-)

Arleas's Answer: There's this small matter of I can't die, so I might as well stick around.

Terees's Answer: I feel this endless sense of responsibility for the people of Mernac. We, the gods and goddesses, helped shape this world, our troubles spilled onto the world, and now the duty to fix things also lies partially with us.

No comments: